Vegan Holiday Cheeseboard Class
Holidays are around the corner and that means potlucks, parties and entertaining are too! Chef Jack knows this and he’s offering a class on how to prepare delicious morsels to build your own Vegan Holiday Cheeseboard. Get ready to learn how to make homemade vegan cheese, pickled things and savoury spreads!
Jack Middleton is a Red Seal Chef and a plant-based educator. He attended chef school at George Brown College and has spent most of his career in French fine dining and Italian cuisine.
At the beginning of 2016, Jack went vegan and found out very quickly how savoury and delicious vegan food can be if you know what you’re doing. In 2017 Jack started The Empowered Vegan to help teach as many people as he can how to make vegan food easy and DELICIOUS.
Jack’s workshops have an emphasis on food flavour theory, knife skills and using interesting vegan ingredients to produce dishes that match their meat-based counterparts in satiety and flavour. Whether you are a seasoned cook or a plant curious newbie, you will find Jack’s passion for plant-based cooking contagious and inspiring.
In this class you can expect (to):
- This is a demo-style class where you will be fed a multi-course tasting menu
- Learn about fundamental, ingredients and seasonings
- Learn how to prepare a series of vegan charcuterie boards
- Have an opportunity to engage with a professional vegan chef and ask questions
- Get physical and digital copies of the recipes to take home
- Cambridge Goodness Me: Wednesday November 13th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Hamilton Goodness Me: Thursday November 14th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Burlington Goodness Me: Monday November 18th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Guelph: Wednesday November 20th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Waterloo Goodness Me: Thursday November 21st @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Barrie Goodness Me: Friday November 22nd @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Mississauga Goodness Me: Tuesday November 26th @ 6:30-8:30pm