Vegan Thai Spring Class
The snow is thawing, the world is finally warming up and I don’t know about you but I’m ready for some fresh, bright and light dishes. Thai food is known for its incredible balance of acid, fat, spice, sweetness and bitterness. It’s easy to identify flavour profiles in each dish because they just do it so well over there in Thailand.
Thai is one of those cuisines that lends itself very naturally to a vegan diet. Many of the dishes are plant based to begin with or can be modified to fit a plant based menu with ease.
In this class we are going to be producing a full vegan Thai dinner menu. The class opens up with a demo from Chef Jack Middleton as he walks you through knife skills, cooking techniques, important Thai ingredients and the food theory behind their use. We work in groups of 4 to bring these dishes to life with the support of Chef Jack and we all sit down together afterward to enjoy the dishes we made in a community style dinner.
IMPORTANT: If you have any allergies or food sensitivities please email firstname.lastname@example.org upon purchasing your ticket and we will do our best to accommodate you!! Note: (this class is vegan E.G. dairy free, egg free, meat free etc.)
Purchase Tickets Here: http://theempoweredvegan.com/product/1140
In this class you can expect to:
- Learn about the fundamental flavours and seasonings in Thai cooking
- Get one-on-one attention from a professional vegan chef
- Learn how to prepare a full vegan Thai dinner (appetizer, entrees and dessert)
- Work together in small groups in a spacious professional kitchen to prepare the feast
- Sit down to a group dinner to connect and enjoy the food YOU prepared
The Kitchen Collective, Hamilton @ 811 King St E, Hamilton, ON L8M 1A8
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/3V11QsuU5R42
Parking: There is street parking on Fairleigh Ave, Stirton St and King St (meters are free in the evening after 6pm and on Sundays). Entrance is on King St.
March 31st 2019 @ 5pm-8pm OR Wednesday April 24th @ 6-9pm (Please arrive 5-10 minutes early so we can start on time)
What you need to bring:
- A willingness to eat and learn
- Take out containers (in case of leftovers)
Optional: Your preferred knife/knives
- Fresh rolls + Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Coconut Rice
- Mango Salad
- Beef Seitan Rendang
- Yellow coconut curry
- Mango Sweet Rice