Vegan Thanksgiving Feast Cooking Class
New to plant-based and not sure what to do for the holidays? Need dishes that are going to keep the omnivores happy and the vegans fed? Tired of the same old Tofurky year after year? Then look no further because Chef Jack Middleton has you covered. In this satisfyingly festive class, chef Jack will show you just how savoury vegan Thanksgiving can be.
Jack Middleton is a Red Seal Chef and a plant-based educator. He attended chef school at George Brown College and has spent most of his career in French fine dining and Italian cuisine.
At the beginning of 2016, Jack went vegan and found out very quickly how savoury and delicious vegan food can be if you know what you’re doing. In 2017 Jack started The Empowered Vegan to help teach as many people as he can how to make vegan food easy and DELICIOUS.
Jack’s workshops have an emphasis on food flavour theory, knife skills and using interesting vegan ingredients to produce dishes that match their meat-based counterparts in satiety and flavour. Whether you are a seasoned cook or a plant curious newbie, you will find Jack’s passion for plant-based cooking contagious and inspiring.
In this class you can expect (to):
- This is a demo-style class where you will be fed a multi-course tasting menu
- Learn about fundamental, ingredients and seasonings
- Learn how to prepare a series of Thanksgiving options
- Have an opportunity to engage with a professional vegan chef and ask questions
- Get physical and digital copies of the recipes to take home
- Burlington Goodness Me: Tuesday September 17th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Guelph Goodness Me: Thursday September 19th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Hamilton Goodness Me: Tuesday September 24th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Waterloo Goodness Me: Thursday September 26th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Cambridge Goodness Me: Wednesday October 2nd @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Mississauga Goodness Me: Thursday October 3rd @ 6:30-8:30pm
- Barrie Goodness Me: Friday October 4th @ 6:30-8:30pm
- COMING SOON!