Vegan Mexican Fiesta Class
This class has been long awaited by many… including Chef Jack. Mexican cuisine lends itself incredibly well to vegan eating. This class will be a clear demonstration of how to leverage the native ingredients that bare the wonderful qualities of heat and acid that are so inherent to Mexican eating in a way that brings a fresh balance to your dishes.
Chef Jack has chosen what he thinks are some of the most important flagship dishes in Mexican cuisine so that you can see how easily these traditional plates can be made vegan.
The class opens up with a demo from Chef Jack Middleton as he walks you through knife skills, cooking techniques, important Mexican ingredients and the food theory behind their use. We work in groups of 4 to bring these dishes to life with the support of Chef Jack and we all sit down together afterward to enjoy the dishes we made in a community style dinner.
IMPORTANT: If you have any allergies or food sensitivities please email firstname.lastname@example.org upon purchasing your ticket and we will do our best to accommodate you!! Note: (this class is vegan E.G. dairy free, egg free, meat free etc.)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: http://theempoweredvegan.com/product/vegan-mexican-fiesta-class
In this class you can expect to:
- Learn about the fundamental flavours and seasonings in Mexican cooking
- Get one-on-one attention from a professional vegan chef
- Learn how to prepare important vegan Mexican dishes
- Work together in small groups in a spacious professional kitchen to prepare the feast
- Sit down to a group dinner to connect and enjoy the food YOU prepared
The Kitchen Collective, Hamilton @ 811 King St E, Hamilton, ON L8M 1A8
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/3V11QsuU5R42
Parking: There is street parking on Fairleigh Ave, Stirton St and King St. (meters are free in the evening after 6pm and on Sundays) Entrance is on King St.
Sunday June 9th 2019 @ 5pm-9pm (Please arrive 5-10 minutes early so we can start on time)
There will be an overflow date set for Sunday June 23rd at 5pm. If the initial class fills quickly tickets for this date will be available.
What you need to bring:
- A willingness to eat and learn
- Take out containers (in case of leftovers)
Optional: Your preferred knife/knives
- Traditional Mexican Empanadas with Salsa Piquante
- Enchiladas in a Molé sauce
- Grilled Stuffed Poblanos with Seitan, Quinoa, and a Salsa Verde
- Refried beans, plantanas fritas and Seasoned Rice